Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Introduction

Well...looks like I am late to the wargaming blog game, although I have had a website from 1997.  So why have I decided to start my own blog.  I guess I am influenced by many fellow gamers out there that I have their own wargame blogs and I have seen lots of useful information from them.  I have also recently stepped down as our wargaming club secretary where I edited the monthly newsletter.  I figure I could probably pass along some useful information as well.  I doubt I'll be passing along much painting tips as their are many better painters out there.

My focus has been more on the obscure historical battles not the mainstream battles/wars.  Almost all the scenarios I do are actual historical battles.  I don't mind playing hypethetical scenarios, but it is not my thing.  I try my best to paint up everything historic to the battle.

The periods that I am intereted in range mainly from post-Napoleonic to Vietnam War.  I focus mainly on Colonial and WWII.  I do have Medieval, Renaissance and Napoleonic miniatures though.  I have naval and ground forces.  No air-to-air specific models.

Miniature scale wise, I focus on 10 to 15mm for ground forces and then a mix for naval.  I actually painted up my first 25/28mm scale miniatures.  Still not a fan, but I'll paint up a few for skirmish games.

No guarentees how frequently I will be posting, but I hope to share a bunch of good information.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you as a blogger, I'll look forward to seeing more of your Flodden collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more from you. Don't worry about speed of blogging, do it at your own pace and enjoy it rather than feel compelled to blog

    Ian

    ReplyDelete